Sunday, August 06, 2006

More Outdoor Activities

On Friday I rode the Marine Drive trail starting at Blue Lake Park. It was a pretty cool ride with the Columbia River on one side and the Portland Airport on the other side. It was pretty cool to have the planes taking off right over your head! I think I rode about 20 miles but I'm not quite sure so I bought an odometer for my bike. Bike Gallery was having a sale and due to their price guarantee I was able to get the odometer and $16 back :)

On Saturday I got to see Raquel in her first ever triathlon! I'd never been to anything like this before and it was pretty cool to see the big pack of people start swimming and then see the transitions. I have to admit I was pretty clueless as to how all this worked and I am now considering signing up of a triathlon myself but I am very afraid of the running. I'm going to try running on the treadmill a few days a week to see if its something I may be able to do. I had plans to train for a 5k last year but the running was very painful so we'll see.

Sunday started with a short (9.5 miles) around Dawson's Creek and then turned into a day of errands and getting ready for the week. There was lots of stuff to do but nothing too exciting.

For the South Beach Diet, I decided to go to Phase 2 and I am much happier and feeling much better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home