Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Friday was the hottest day ever on record in Hillsboro at 108deg. Arizona does get hotter but it isn't humid and everywhere has air conditioning, unlike the apartments here. This weekend reminded me of another reason why I no longer live in upstate NY because it would be like this for 3 months. The wind finally started blowing around 5pm today so I could open the windows and get a little breeze. One thing I do like about Oregon is that even though it is hot outside, the water is still cold so you can take a refreshing cold shower.

Most of this weekend was spent trying to keep cool but I did get another short bike ride in on Saturday. I rode over to the Dawson Creek Business Park which has a very well maintained trail that goes by duck ponds, a bunch of office buildings, the future Hillsboro public library, and the airport. The most amazing part for me was that I lived in the Dawson Creek apartment complex for 9 months (about 5 years ago) and never had any idea that this nice trail was there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home