Friday, July 28, 2006

Mixed Bag

Today was a mixed bag of a day starting with a bike ride at Portland Waterfront Park. Its a pretty park and very bike friendly but was more crowded than I thought it would be and many of the access paths from the Max line were blocked off due to the Brew Fest setup that was going on. It is probably a much less frustrating ride when there is no big event going on but I'm not sure its worth the 2 hours on the Max (1 hour each way) to get there and back.

I did my first 'official' weigh in yesterday after 1 week on the South Beach Diet only to find that I had only lost 1 pound! Everyone I know who has done this diet has lost 7-10 pounds in the first 2 weeks so I am way behind the curve. I got on the scale again this morning and it said I had lost 2 additional pounds so I'm wondering if I'm not consistently drinking enough water or if my scale needs a new battery.

I cheated a little tonight by eating a burrito bowl at Chipotle but I only got half the normal amount of rice and Jim and I walked there (~4 miles round trip) so I don't feel too guilty :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home