Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Whirlwind

The whirlwind of travel is finally over! In the last week I started in Portland, OR and ended at home on Gilbert, AZ but had many, many stops in between. On March 23rd I flew from Portland to San Francisco to Charlotte, NC then drove to Greenville, SC. On the 24th I attended my oldest brother's wedding, which I have to admit was actually pretty nice. It was simple but tastefully done. It was a little weird to meet my new sister-in-law while we were having wedding pictures taken but she turned out to be very nice. (Though I still think something is wrong with her since she married my brother!)

After the wedding we all got to drive to Asheville, NC and back to drop them off for their honeymoon and then back to Greenville again. Luckily that was then on of travelling for that day!

On the 25th I drove from Greenville back to Charlotte, flew from Charlotte to Denver to Portland and collapsed into bed.

On the 26th I packed up my car and started the caravan (with Jim and Gene) from Portland to Phoenix. We ended up leaving a little later than we had planned due to some truck packing issues and hit the passes just after dark as the snow was getting bad. We had only planned to get to Klamath falls on the first day so we didn't have to go through too much bad weather.

On the 27th we drove from Klamath Falls to Reno. The trip was pretty uneventful except for this cool sign I had to stop and take a picture of in Alturas, CA :

If I was going to open a shop, I hope I could come up with as cool a name as "The Belligerent Duck"

In Reno I won $5 on the penny slots after being up by $25 but Jim and Gene lost $300 collectively so I felt pretty good :)

On the 28th we drove from Reno to Las Vegas. That is close to the most boring drive in the US but I kept myself amused by dancing to the CD player (thank God nobody saw me!). Jim and Gene had to drive in silence since neither had a CD player and there is absolutely no radio reception through the middle of Nevada :-P

I wasn't as lucky in Vegas as I was in Reno but I still only lost $25 while Gene dropped more money and Jim came out even. Vegas is lot of fun when you go there for the weekend but by this point in my travels I was exhausted and just wanted to get some sleep.

On the 29th we made the trip from Vegas the Phoenix and I was so happy to see home! I got to sit on the couch with the dog and then sleep in my own bed. It was like heaven!

On the 30th I went to check the progress on my new house and to my surprise it was all framed and looking like a house.

Now I'm just trying to get my current house ready to go on the market and get back into the swing of things at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home