Friday, April 29, 2005

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Today is a very special anniversary to me, it is the 3rd anniversary of my spinal fusion surgery!

Many people have asked me why this is something I celebrate and I just say that it is the anniversary of the day my life began again. For anyone who was around me then and anyone whose ever had bad disks you will know how much pain I was in.

Don't get me wrong, the surgery sucked as did the months of physical therapy but each day it got a little better until I was back to doing almost all of my normal activities. I will never be able to play contact sports again (no more Basketball or Hockey for me) and I miss them but being able to get out of bed, sit in a chair, go hiking, go to the gym or the store or anywhere is well worth the trade off to me!

I have a really cool X-ray of all the hardware in my back but I can't figure out how to scan it so you'll just have to use your imagination :)

Here's a link that describes the surgery I had in basic terms : Spine Fusion

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

yay! Happy Anniversary on your Rejuvination :D hope you go out and do some fun thing this weekend to celebrate :D

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely worth celebrating. I may be a candidate also. How old are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home