Friday, January 27, 2006

Cable sweater



I finally started working on my first sweater after having bought the yarn about 8 months ago. I'm somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 done with the back panel and I really like the way its coming out so far! This sweater is based on a the Cable Vision pattern from the book "Easy Plus-Size Knits" but I just couldn't figure out how 8 cable stitches and a chart calling for 3 cable stitches turned into the pattern in the photo so I went with a different cable pattern that actually made sense.

The yarn is Fable from Artful Yarns in color Boy Who cried Wolf (Not a name I would pick for a yarn but I like the colors!) and is an 85% cotton/15% silk blend that is really easy to knit and shouldn't be too warm for an Arizona sweater.

Here's a close-up of the cable pattern for your viewing pleasure:




1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

oooh! it looks fantastic :)
isn't cabling fun?! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home