Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Master bedroom remodel

I took a little time off of work to finally remodel my bedroom. Thursday was dismantling and 1st coat of paint; Friday was 2nd coat of pain and start of tiling; Saturday was more tiling and the start of grouting; Sunday was more tiling, more grouting, and installation of the new toilet; Monday was finishing the grout, installing the new ceiling fan and putting all the furniture back in the room.




The stinky boys helped dismantle the room




All of the stuff from my room lived in the living room for a few days making the house a real mess. With lots of help from the stinky boys and Jim, I was able to complete everything but tiling in the closet in 5 days. The stinky boys helped paint, install the new toilet and move furniture. Jim helped me tile and even learned how to grout!



Here's how my room looks now!




The new throne room complete with Big Bird yellow paint (the can says the color is Mellow Yellow but I think Big Bird is a better description)




And finally the new furniture arrangement which actually allows me to open both doors all the way and have some room to move around.


My sewing machine is supposed to be back from the repair shop by Wednesday (I broke a pin off in it) so I will get back to making bags soon. In the queue I have 2 bags for Raquel and a bookbag for Tiffany.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow! It looks fantastic :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home