Wednesday, May 18, 2005

There's no place like home

I was home in AZ this past weekend where the weather was sunny and warm. This was my last home leave from Oregon since I am only here in Portland until the 28th. I spent most of the weekend cleaning up and reorganizing since stinky boys have been living in my house for the last year. I also spent a bunch of time doing yard work since my brothers don't seem to be able to do it and I'm getting tired of being fined $25 every month by the HOA. I did run into one of my neighbors who caught me up on the neighborhood gossip (across the street neighbor's house was repossessed, the pool was closed by the health department due to bacteria, etc.). My biggest accomplishment of the weekend was the resurrection of my gas grill. One of the stinky boys (not one of my brothers) decided that since my grill was out of propane he should use charcoal in it. Needless to say it was a huge mess but I was able to get it going and BBQ some chicken and burgers. They were very yummy!

On Saturday I got to spend some time with Jim, who I hadn't seen in a month, and got to see the great things he's done to his new house! He has set up all of the furniture and antiques (that I helped pick out here in Portland) and it now looks like a home rather than just a house. It was very nice to see some of the stuff I bought or made for him in the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home